Residencies, procurance and advice for choreography and contemporary dance
VORPOMMERN TANZT AN - TANZPAKT Stadt-Land-Bund
movin’ bröllin awards a seven-week production residency to a dance company, a choreographer or a newly reformed choreographer team. Based on a project proposal, the residency offers time and space for artistic work, in a calm and creative atmosphere at the castle of Bröllin. The aim of the residency is to enable a close connection of choreographic praxis, research/inquiries, artistic production and qualification. The residency contains working space, accommodation, meals, scholarship money (such as a production budget), and an accompanying advice program. At the completion of the residency the dance company or choreographer(s) present a full-length feature production in cooperation with Theater Vorpommern, to be shown over six nights at four locations in the region. The project proposal must reference the region of Vorpommern.
Information and application form: www.broellin.de and www.vorpommern-tanzt-an.de (from June 1 onwards)
Information sessions regarding movin’ bröllin will take place at K-Salon on May 31 at 6 pm Bergmannstraße 54, 10961 Berlin and during „Fachtag Tanz“ on June 3 / 4 in Stralsund
Terms of reference:
- one dance or choreography project will be funded each year. Application deadline is August 1, each year for a production residency in the following year.
- the residency is open to artists from all areas of the world
- the residency is open to a company with a maximum of 5 artists, comprised of at least three dancers / performers on stage
- the applicants should have already realized several full-length projects
- the project proposal must be a new production
- the premiere must take place in Vorpommern
- the production must reference the region of Vorpommern
- the premise for the sponsorship is a professional mode of work and a visible artistic idea with a wilful, interesting approach of implementation
- it is preferable if the applicants apply for further funding or coproducers for the project. For groups of artists who are already funded by the german federal funds, it must be checked on a case-by-case basis whether the funds are compatible.
- it is preferable if the applicants are able to stage the project at further potential locations
- residency companies are required to mention movin’ bröllin, TANZPAKT and all supporters in all publications concerning the funded project
The production residency contains:
- working spaces, studios and use of technical equipment for the seven-week duration
- mentoring, dramaturgic support and more qualification offers
- accommodation in shared rooms for a maximum of five persons
- full lodging of the artists group
- reimbursement of travel expenses at the appropriate rate
- 200,00€ Weekly scholarship grant per artist
- 5000,00€ total production budget (set, costumes, music, video, etc)
- six performances at four locations in Vorpommern, with a €170,00 salary per person per show, as well as accommodation and travel expenses
- photography and video documentation of the productions
- Completed application form
- Motivationsschreiben aus dem das Interesse und die Erwartung an den Residenzaufenthalt und Stück Erarbeitung hervorgehen (max. eine DINA4 Seite).A letter of motivation, displaying the artist(s) interest and expectations of the residency and the development of their piece.
- Detailed description of the project, including reference to the region of Vorpommern. This can be historic, social, socio-politic or an other topic connected to the region.
- Detailed plan of costs and finances, which gives an impression of the overall project, including the funds required by movin’ bröllin (in excel)
- Links to information about the artist(s) / group, in both press and video format (videos of maximum two projects from the last three years)
Only complete applications received by August 15th, 2018 will be considered.
Timetable (subject to change)
- End of October 2018: decision of the jury will be announced.
- The chosen group will then confirm the dates for their stay at castle of Bröllin by December 15, 2018. If there can’t be found a date for the residency in that time, the funding goes to a project from the waiting list.
- The final members of the chosen group must be confirmed in writing by December 15, 2018.
- Two three-week working periods between March and July 2019.
- One-week of final rehearsals and first showing at castle of Bröllin in September 2019.
- Six shows in September/October 2019 in Greifswald, Stralsund, Putbus, N.N.
The awarded production residency is decided by a jury composed of: Efrat Stempler, Dörte Wolter,
Dr. Sascha Löschner, Martin Stiefermann
All applicants will be informed via mail regarding the result of the jury’s decision. The title of the funded project, such as the names of the participants will be announced to the public. In case of group funding, all members have to submit a memorandum of understanding.
Martin Stiefermann Tel.: +49(0) 1702334008
Projektmanagement und Dramaturgie:
Thomas Fabian Eder Tel: +49 (0)177 59 86 509
Künstlerische Mitarbeit und Beratung:
Raisa Kröger Tel.: +49(0) 1794594382
Further information and application form: www.broellin.de / www.vorpommern-tanzt-an.de (from June 1st onwards)
Residencies, outreach and mentoring for choreography and contemporary dance
A project of the association „Tanzregion Vorpommern e.V.“, funded by TANZPAKT Stadt-Land-Bund with the support of the German Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media and the ministry for education, science and culture Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, such as the Vorpommern-Fonds