Schloss Bröllin Residency Program 2020
International artist groups can apply for the residency for the production of dance, theatre, circus and performance projects up to a maximum of three weeks.
Schloss Bröllin offers several dance studios, production and seminar rooms as well as a large outdoor area - for rehearsals, experiments in a quiet and creative atmosphere. The residency program at Schloss Bröllin enables ensembles and groups, especially if their members come from different places/countries, to concentrate on a production phase. During the stay, appropriate workrooms, accommodation and catering will be provided.
- The application deadline is 15th August 2019 for a residency in the following year.
- This residency is open to artists from all over the world.
- The applicants should already have realized their own projects.
- The proposed project must be a new production (which may already have begun) and have planned performance dates, or a recommencement with performance dates.
- Resident groups commit themselves, in all publications relating to the funded project, to indicate bröllin e.V. as co-producer (with logo), as well as the Ministry of Education, Science and Culture of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania and the district of Vorpommern-Greifswald and possibly other sponsors.
The Residency includes:
- Maximum of 3 weeks of working space / studio and use of existing technical equipment
- Accommodation in shared rooms
- Full board for the group of artists
- Travel expenses subsidy within reasonable limits
- At the end of the production period, a public presentation of the results of the work will take place on site, to which audiences from the region as well as the press and other organizers will be invited. The advertising is carried out by schloss bröllin (by arrangement). The project manager must provide the required advertising and press material.
To apply, please submit the following documents by 15th August 2019 to:
1. Completed application form
2. Detailed project description
3. CVs of the project participants
4. Press reviews and information on previous work (name a maximum of two realized projects from the last three years by the ensemble, the artistic director or the project-relevant persons)
5. Detailed costs and financing plan, which gives an impression of the overall project (as excel sheet). This can be updated until the jury meeting at the end of September.
6. Venue confirmation or letter of intent. This can be submitted later until the jury meeting at the end of September.
Only applications submitted in full and on time will be considered.
Timetable (subject to change):
1. End of September 2019: Jury decision will be announced.
2. The selected groups confirm the dates of their stay at Schloss Bröllin until 15 December 2019. If no dates for the residency can be found by then, the funding will go to a project on the waiting list.
The productions for the Residency Program Schloss Bröllin 2020 will be assessed by the curators: Dr. Sascha Löschner (Chief Dramaturg Theater Vorpommern), Martin Stiefermann (choreographer and director of the Residency Program), Julia Knaust (Circus Artist) Wibke Janssen (DOCK 11/EDEN*****), Wilma Renfordt (Dramaturg Impulse Theaterfestival) and selected in cooperation with the board of the schloss bröllin e.V.
The title of the selected project and the names of the project participants will be made public.
In the event of a commitment, the group projects must be submitted with procuration and declarations of intent from all group members.
The Residency Program of Schloss Bröllin is supported by the Ministry of Education, Science and Culture in the federal state of Mecklenburg- Western Pomerania and the rural district of Vorpommern-Greifswald (Landkreis).