International artists and groups are called to apply with dance, theater and performance projects. Schloss Broellin production grants provide dance studios and multifunctional rooms, a large outdoor area as well as food and accommodation up to 3 weeks.
A residence at Schloss Broellin makes concentrated work possible - especially groups composed by artists coming from different places / countriesand big groups will find appropriate working conditions on site.
Kontakt & Info: Martin Stiefermann residenz(at)broellin(dot)de
Tel: +49 (0) 39747-565021
- Projects concerned with the performing arts will be supported.
- Artists from all parts of the world and of all ages are welcome to apply.
- Preference will be given to groups or collaboration work.
- The applicants ought to have previous experience in realizing their own projects.
- The project can be a new production as well as a renewal/resumption of a project.
- Previously rejected applications from last year can be updated and submitted again.
- Those who have already received support from the association of Schloss Bröllin are
usually not permitted to apply for two years after their residency.
- One of the invited productions will be considered on the basis of its new talent.
- One of the invited productions ought to relate to the region or incorporate regional factors in its project.
- Preconditions also are a professional work method in sight as well as signs of an artistic idea with an idiosyncratic interesting approach in the form.
- As the support only covers the rehearsal period of the project, additional funds should be secured for the other stages of the project.
- Potential performance venues and partnerships for the project will be considered.
- The results of the residence will be performed publicly as a work-in-progress presentation at Schloss Bröllin.
- Residence groups are required to credit the association of Schloss Bröllin as well as the ministry of education, science and culture in the federal state of Mecklenburg- Western Pomerania in all publications related to the sponsored project.
- The best term for funded groups' residency at Schloss Bröllin is until May 15th 2018. Any changes to the schedule of residency must be agreed upon with the association's representative, consequently the association cannot guarantee working spaces and technical equipment. If no alternative date can be found until May 20th 2018, the production grant will be awarded to another project from Schloss Broellin Residency's waiting list.
The support within the „artist in residence“-program includes:
- Workrooms / studios and existing technical support
- Accommodation facilities in shared rooms (there is an additional fee for single rooms)
- Catering for all the artist group members for up to three weeks at Schloss Bröllin
- On-site assistance and travel cost reimbursement within Germany will be provided
The curatorship / schloss broellin e.V. reserves its right to offer residences with a limited total budget, for example minus travel cost reimbursement or with a shortened residence period.
In addition to the residence programme it is possible to apply for additional funding in connection with the association of Schloss Bröllin. We can also offer support with finding further funding for productions and performance venues. The conditions for these services will be arranged separately.
Please send following Application contents by email:
+ this documents as attachments
- Personal statement indicating both the interest in and expectations of the residence. (max. 1 A4 side)
- Project outline / description
- Realistic costs projection, which provides an indication of the intended project plan.
The residence at Schloss Broellin needn’t be included in this.
- Artist and group information, press releases and links to videos.
Timetable (subject to change): End of September - end of October: The results of the consultation and decision-making are communicated. March: Binding commitments are only possible from the date of receipt of the application for the Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Culture of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
Foto: Grotest Maru, Timebank / Sergio Goni Serrano, Spyridon Paterakis / © Katharina Husemann